Gyil Melodies: Bɛwaa with Artist in Residence Karin Rau. Let the melodic sound of buzzing gourds fill your ears as you learn the social dance music of the Dagara people of Ghana and Burkina Faso on the gyil xylophone. This class will breakdown Bɛwaa form into doable segments that feature the interplay between the song, harmony, and solo parts.
Pre-registration is strongly recommended so that there are enough instruments for all participants.
Date: May 26, 2018, Saturday, 12pm-2pm
Cost: $35.00 per participant / per class session
Location: Women’s Drum Center
Parking on street. Please enter side door on Hampden Av. (ring WDC bell).
- Register by email to reserve your place with your name and phone/cell number (in case of event changes): email@example.com. Pay by cash or check at the event.
- Preregistration is required at least 2 days in advance.
To Prepay Online:
- Register for your WDC event to reserve your place.
- Use the “Buy Classes” section of the WDC site to pay for your event.
- For classes of $15 or less, there is a 2-3 class minimum for online purchases.