Fume Fume Rhythms with Artist in Residence Karin Rau. A comprehensive overview of this West African rhythm from Ghana. Learn the essential rhythms of the leading and accompanying drums, bells, and shakers. Next, sing a Fume song and learn the clapping patterns that accompany the song. Then, learn the basic dance steps that complement the rhythms of the drums. Finally, after discussing the functions of this rhythm in its cultural context, we will put everything together in a culminating Fume Fume celebration!
Date: July 21, 2018, Saturday, 12pm-2pm
Cost: $35.00 per participant / per class session
Location: Women’s Drum Center
Parking on street. Please enter side door on Hampden Av. (ring WDC bell).
- Register by email to reserve your place with your name and phone/cell number (in case of event changes): firstname.lastname@example.org. Pay by cash or check at the event.
- Preregistration is required at least 2 days in advance.
To Prepay Online:
- Register for your WDC event to reserve your place.
- Use the “Buy Classes” section of the WDC site to pay for your event.
- For classes of $15 or less, there is a 2-3 class minimum for online purchases.