This class focuses on technique training on both hand drums (e.g. djembe and Conga) and stick drumming (e.g snare, tom, Brazilian surdo [bass drum] and African dun duns). For seasoned Beginner to Intermediate players, this class will have an emphasis on learning parts and pieces that could be shared in a performance setting. Additionally, participants will learn techniques to memorize parts and arrangements of African, Caribbean, and Brazilian drum pieces.
Prerequisite: Some drumming experience
Date: Wednesdays 5:45-7pm
Cost: Single Session = $15
Four Wednesdays per month = $60
Five Wednesdays per month = $75
Instructor: Marisa Cuneo-Linsly
Location: Women’s Drum Center
Parking on street. Please enter side door on Hampden Av. (ring WDC bell).
- Register by email to reserve your place with your name and phone/cell number (in case of event changes): firstname.lastname@example.org. Pay by cash or check at the event.
- Preregistration is required at least 2 days in advance.
To Prepay Online:
- Register for your WDC event to reserve your place.
- Use the “Buy Classes” section of the WDC site to pay for your event.
- For classes of $15 or less, there is a 2-3 class minimum for online purchases.