Have you always been drawn to the drum sounds in music or find yourself tapping your fingers to the beat? This introductory workshop will teach you basic technique for the bass, tone and slap sounds that make the drum come alive. The techniques taught in this workshop can be used on a variety of hand drums such as djembe, ashiko and the conga. Along with technique, the student will learn a few overlapping drum rhythms resulting in a beautiful and harmonious drum piece.
Drums are provided.
Prerequisite: No drum or music experience required
What participants are saying:
- "Great! Liked approach -- vocalizing and slowing rhythm down until comfortable with it."
- "Very helpful and positive -- upbeat and fun!"
- "Very welcoming, supportive"
- "Perfect, exceeded my expectations."
- "Fun -- instructive -- rewarding -- relaxed environment"
- "The instructor was great -- patient and knowledgeable."
- "Instructor was great -- friendly and encouraging..."
- "Great -- fun -- learned a lot! Instructor was very good."
Date: select Saturdays (10am-noon)
Cost: $30 per participant / per class
Instructor: Marisa Cuneo-Linsly
Location: Women’s Drum Center
Parking on street. Please enter side door on Hampden Av. (ring WDC bell).
- Register by email to reserve your place with your name and phone/cell number (in case of event changes): email@example.com. Pay by cash or check at the event.
- Preregistration is required at least 2 days in advance.
To Prepay Online:
- Register for your WDC event to reserve your place.
- Use the “Buy Classes” section of this site to pay for your WDC event.
- For classes of $15 or less, there is a 2-3 class minimum for online purchases.