Have you always been drawn to the drum sounds in music or find yourself tapping your fingers to the beat? This introductory workshop will teach you basic technique for the bass, tone and slap sounds that make the drum come alive. The techniques taught in this workshop can be used on a variety of hand drums such as djembe, ashiko and the conga. Along with technique, the student will learn a few overlapping drum rhythms resulting in a beautiful and harmonious drum piece.
Drums are provided.
Prerequisite: No drum or music experience required
What participants are saying:
- "Great! Liked approach -- vocalizing and slowing rhythm down until comfortable with it."
- "Very helpful and positive -- upbeat and fun!"
- "Very welcoming, supportive"
- "Perfect, exceeded my expectations."
- "Fun -- instructive -- rewarding -- relaxed environment"
- "The instructor was great -- patient and knowledgeable."
- "Instructor was great -- friendly and encouraging..."
- "Great -- fun -- learned a lot! Instructor was very good."
Date: select Saturdays (10am-noon) and Wednesdays (noon-2pm)
Cost: $30 per participant / per class
Instructor: Marisa Cuneo-Linsly
- To pay and register with credit card or PayPal use drop-down menu below.
- To pay by cash or check at the event, register by email with your name and phone/cell number (in case of event changes): firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preregistration is required at least 2 days in advance.