This beginner level class is designed for those with little to no drumming experience. The class uses djembes to explore pulse and rhythm and to learn the foundation for playing African songs. Proper playing technique will be taught along with fun exercises that build skills and energy. Participants agree that drumming is energizing and relaxing at the same time! Join us for the opportunity to explore an enriching musical experience!
Prerequisite: No drumming experience necessary, drums are provided.
Date: Tuesdays 5:30-6:30pm
Cost: $10 per participant / per class
Instructor: Bettie Seitzer
Location: Women’s Drum Center
Parking on street. Please enter side door on Hampden Av. (ring WDC bell).
- Register by email to reserve your place with your name and phone/cell number (in case of event changes): email@example.com. Pay by cash or check at the event.
- Preregistration is required at least 2 days in advance.
To Prepay Online:
- Register for your WDC event to reserve your place.
- Use the “Buy Classes” section of the WDC site to pay for your event.
- For classes of $15 or less, there is a 2-3 class minimum for online purchases.