Open To All Drummers and Levels--Join Us!
Presenter: Frank Thompson from AZ Rhythm Connection Scottsdale Arizona
CBMT and NBCC Approved Workshop
Learn the basic techniques of Djembe and Djun How they can be used for MusicTherapy Maintaining Pulse, Beat and Groove
Upon successful completion of the course, attendees will be able to define and use West African Djun and Djembe drums:
- Two easy to use 4/4 Rhythms on Djembe
- Two easy to use 6/8 Rhythms on Djembe
- Left and right hand coordination drumming with stick and bell at the same time
- Participate in two Full Ensemble Rhythms with Djun and Djembe
- Workshop is very interactive
When: Friday, March 7, 2014 6:00 PM
Price: $40.00 per person
Where: Womens Drum Center
2242 University Ave. W. Enter on Hampden
St. Paul, MN 55114
- 3 CMTE credits or 3 NBCC credits- Cost $60.00
- No credits- Cost is $40.00
- Sign up as soon as possible. Class size limited.
Contact Drum it Up at: (612) 801-2294 to Reserve Your Seat Today!
This is a special event held at the WDC but will not be registered through the Women's Drum Center website. Please call the number above to reserve your spot.
Frank Thompson is a professional West African Drum Instructor, Drum Circle Facilitator, and Corporate Educator. He is the founder of the AZ Rhythm Connection and has been facilitating rhythm for over 25 years. Frank has created a masterfully effective and fun style of teaching West African Drumming for the American Adult learner.
Frank has taken many workshops with noted Master Drummers, Mamady Keita, Abdoul Doumbia, Ali Thomas and Moustapha Bangoura. He has also studied the teaching methods of John Yost, Paulo Mattioli.
Frank is A National Trainer of Health Rhythms and is endorsed by REMO drums for Drum Circle Facilitation.