Join us for this experiential frame drum workshop and discover how your body responds to sound. We'll focus on each of our energy centers one by one, creating community as we drum, chant, and move with rhythms and sound. Includes upper chakra drum jams and a 6th chakra guided visualization. Invite your creativity in! Cleanse and balance your chakras; discover how each of your energy centers responds to various sounds, colors, and tones. All drums provided. Follow-up handout with web references will be emailed to participants.
Prerequisite: no experience necessary
Comments from Women's Spirituality Conference:
- "A wonderful way for me to end the conference."
- "I so enjoyed it! I would appreciate it if you could email me the info that we covered so I can incorporate it into my spiritual practice."
- "Can't wait to work on this at home. Please forward the handout for the class to me . . . I really enjoyed the class!!!!!"
Audience: All are welcome. No prior drumming or chakra experience necessary. Drums and rhythm instruments provided.
- Experience community together by drumming "in sync" with the group
- Move and tone (vocalize) to get in touch with each energy center (chakra)
- Cleanse and Balance each chakra, noticing the energy & clearing blockages
- Discover the relationship between drumming and chakra energy Learn the four basic tar frame drum hand strokes
- Release stress
- Get in touch with your creative self
Date: 3rd Sunday of month, 11:00-1:00pm
Date Exception: April 23, 11:00-1:00pm
Note: Starting in May, Drumming Through the Chakras will be held at the Carondelet Center (Room 102), 1890 Randolph Ave., St. Paul, MN 55105. The Carondelet Center is between Cleveland and Fairview Avenues just east of St. Catherine University on the South side of Randolph Ave.
For all future class inquiries and registration visit: www.drumsuperior.com
Cost: $20 per participant / per class
Instructors: Rachel Nelson and Linda Melcher
Linda Melcher and Rachel Nelson, Drum Superior, are trained HealthRHYTHMS® facilitators. Melcher EdD has studied hand drumming for over seven years, facilitates drum circles, and provides soundscapes for theater productions. Her passion is working in circles to create a sense of community and connection. Nelson MA studied frame drumming with Layne Redmond, who inspired her to teach in the circle using Glen Velez' Handance teaching method. She has taught frame drum classes in St. Paul, Two Harbors, White Bear Lake Alternative High School, and the Women's Drum Center. Nelson uses drums and other instruments to create soundscapes and accompany herself in music concerts and her one-woman story/theater musicals.
- To pay and register with credit card or PayPal use drop-down menu below.
- To pay by cash or check at the event, register by email with your name and phone/cell number (in case of event changes): firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preregistration is required at least 2 days in advance.